Last modified: 28 February 2010
Outlands College of Heralds
31 March 2010
From the Office of Rampart Herald
Baron Randal Carrick (Randall Jackson)
Unto Omar Mohammed Mirzazadeh, White Stag Principal Herald, and the College of Heralds of the Kingdom of the Outlands, does Randal Carrick, Rampart Herald send his greetings. What follows is the Letter of Response for March 2010CE, ruling on the February 2010 Letter of Presentation. I would like to thank the following heralds for providing commentary for this letter: Furukusu Masahide, Francesca di Pavia, Andrew von Otelingen, Gawain of Miskbridge, THL Jibra'il `Attar, Marie de Blois, Ines Alfon, Lonor Ruiz de Lison, Jethro Stille, and Ęšeluulf munuc.
The following items were forwarded to Laurel Sovereign for final determination:
- Juliana de Vitri. New Name and Device. Vert, in bend a maple leaf and a candlestick and candle enflamed within a bordure argent. The name was misspelled on the LoP as Juliana de Vitre, corrected at Rampart to match the paperwork and documentation.
- Raes Marie Augustine. New Name.
- Sebastiaen Bastoen. New Name (See Returns for Device). Name Changed by Rampart from Sebastiaen D'Bastoen, as the documentation does not support the D'.
The following items were returned for further work:
- Salomea Thorunska. Device Resubmission (Laurel). Per pale sable and argent, 3 bats counterchanged within a bordure engrailed gules and sable. The bats are not identifiable as such, resembling varously seablats or phoenix. Further, the bordure is improperly counterchanged, resulting in color-on-color under RFS VIII.2.b.i with the gules bordure on the sable field. Absent additional documentation for the posture of the bats and the gules on sable bordure, this device must be RETURNED for re-draw.
- Sebastiaen Bastoen. New Device. Quarterly Sable and Gules, a fleur-de-lis Or, a bordure embattled counterchanged. While the sable and gules field is fine, adding the counterchanged bordure violates RFS VIII.2.b.i requirement of good contrast. RETURNED for re-draw.
- Violante d'Atayde. Device Resubmission (Laurel). Gules, a winged gynosphinx rampant contourney Or. PENDED until a final determination on the previous submission by Laurel.
Thus ends the March 2010 Letter of Response.
Baron Randal Carrick