Last modified: 26 January 2010
Outlands College of Heralds
26 January 2010
From the Office of Rampart Herald
Baron Randal Carrick (Randall Jackson)
Unto Marie de Blois, White Stag Principal Herald, and the College of Heralds of the Kingdom of the Outlands, does Randal Carrick, Rampart Herald send his greetings. What follows is the Letter of Response for January 2010CE, ruling on the December 2009 Letter of Presentation. I would like to thank the following heralds for providing commentary for this letter: Furukusu Masahide, Aspen Pursuivant; Francesca di Pavia, Ray de Soleil Pursuivant; Andrew von Otelingen, Barbican Pursuivant, Lady Leonor Ruiz de Lison; Gawain of Miskbridge, Green Anchor Herald; Rohese de Dinan, Red Hawk Herald and Lord Ermenrich von Duisburg.
Due to Estrella War, Kingdom Heralds and Scribes, and Crown Tournament coming up in the next couple of months, the Rampart and Castle schedules will have to be adjusted slightly. Henceforth, any submissions received by Castle after the first day of the month will be processed on the following month's LOP. I have been lenient in the past in an effort to reduce the wait for submitters to hear about the disposition of their submissions, but I feel that this change is merited given the accelerated decision making at Laurel as noted on the November 2009 LoAR Cover Letter. As a warning for those who want to submit at Estrella, Castle does not usually receive those submissions for at least a month after the event, meaning they will most likely _not_ be sufficient to qualify for Crown Tournament in March.
The Rampart Decision Meeting for February will be held as a Roadshow at Kingdom Heralds and Scribes, on February 27th. We will also (time allowing) be commenting on the February 2009 LoP. All are invited to attend and assist.
The following items were forwarded to Laurel Sovereign for final determination:
- ∆ūeluulf munuc. New Badge. Vert, a stag passant argent, maintaining in its foreleg a cross headed staff bendwise sinister Or. Blazon changed by Rampart from Vert, a stag statant argent, maintaining in its sinister foreleg an archbishop's cross Or.
- ∆ūeluulf munuc. Device Resubmission (Laurel). Counter ermine, a straight trumpet Or surmounted by a ram's head cabossed argent armed Or.
- ∆ūeluulf munuc. Badge Resubmission (Kingdom). Barry wavy argent and azure, a herring haurient embowed gules surmounted by a bar gemel sable. Blazon changed by Rampart from Barry wavy argent and azure, a herring gules overall a bar gemel sable.
- CŠelainn ingen ChŠemgein hui Thaidc. Device Resubmission (Kingdom). Per pale argent and purpure, two annulets conjoined in fess counterchanged.
- Dauid of the Isles. Device Resubmission (Kingdom). Or, a ship under sail gules, on a point pointed ployť azure a compass star Or. Blazon changed by Rampart from Or, a lymphad under sail gules, on a point pointed ployť azure a compass star Or. As noted by commenters: "According to the PicDic entry for "ship", the default lymphad has its sail set and its oars in action. Note that here, although these oars are shipped, there are no oarports indicated, which is one of the ways to distinguish a lymphad from a generic ship. One might also note that she's going to be hard to steer with no rudder".
- Emma Lyliewhyt. New Name (see Returns for device).
- Llywus ap Alan. Badge Resubmission (Laurel). (Fieldless) In fess a candle enflamed in a sconce Or sustained by a natural panther sejant sable armed argent.
- Meliore Gimigna Fioravanti. New Badge. (Fieldless) a pomegranate, seeded, Or within a serpent involved gules.
- Outlands, Kingdom of the. New Badge. Pily bendy Or and vert, in pale a stag's attire fesswise gules and a mountain of three peaks sable charged with an apple tree eradicated Or fructed gules.
- Sander Tauernier. Change of Primary Name from Dominique Delvaux d'Ardennes.
- Vanna Lucia Taormina. Device Resubmission (Kingdom). Quarterly sable and gules a butterfly and a bordure embattled argent.
The following items were returned for further work:
- Emma Lyliewhyt. Device. Gules, a lily flower argent slipped and leaved vert, and a base wavy argent. RETURN for conflict: Sancha de Flores (10/03, East): Gules, a columbine slipped and leaved argent. No difference for lily vs. columbine (both are trumpet-shaped flowers). No difference for slipped and leaved argent vs. vert - detail. One CD for addition of the base. Conflict.
Thus ends the January 2010 Letter of Response.
Baron Randal Carrick