Last modified: 1 April 2011
Outlands College of Heralds
16 March 2011
From the Office of Rampart Herald
Baron Randal Carrick (Randall Jackson)
Unto Omar Mohammed Mirzazadeh, White Stag Principal Herald, and the College of Heralds of the Kingdom of the Outlands, does Randal Carrick, Rampart Herald send his greetings. What follows is the Letter of Response for March 2011 CE, ruling on the February 2011 Letter of Presentation. I would like to thank the following heralds for providing commentary for this letter: Master Louis-Philippe Mitouard, Catspaw Herald Extraordinary; THL Eric Morrison, Hawk's Hollow Pursuivant; THL Ailinn Shadowfox; Lady Leonor Ruiz de Lison; Editha Filia Rolandi; Lord Andrew von Otelingen, Barbican Pursuivant; Ines Alfon; and Gawain of Miskbridge, Green Anchor Herald.
The following items were forwarded to Laurel Sovereign for final determination:
- Alditha de la Tye - New Name and Device. Azure, a quatrefoil Or between four crescents conjoined in saltire at the points argent. Blazon changed from Azure, within a lunel argent, a quatrefoil Or.
- Daiyama Chotaro Motohisa - New Name. Alternate name for Conall Og mac Dabhidh.
- Jakob Narr - New name and Device. Lozengy gules and argent, a jester's bauble vested vert sticked proper, between two hawk's bells Or. Blazon changed from Lozengy gules and argent, a jester's bauble vested vert sticked proper, between two bells Or.
- Jantien van Vranckenvoert - Name and Device resubmission (Kingdom). Sable, an escallop within a bordure argent.
- Bloodstone Keep - Resubmission of a Name change from Readstan, Canton of.
The following items were RETURNED for further work:
- Eircc mac Ghillie Mhaolain - New Name and Device. Quarterly Or and azure, 1st and 4th on a fess vert, three garbs of the field Or, 2nd and 3rd a pair of swords crossed argent. The name is RETURNED for mixing Irish, Scots, and Welsh in the same name, as well as other problems like the given name being in the genitive case instead of the nomitive. The device, while very period, is returned for Marshalling per RFS XI.3. The arms as submitted indicate the combined arms of two families, not one original armiger, as required by the Rules for Submission.
- Gwynvieve Duibher - New name and Device. Per saltire purpure and azure, a unicorn's head couped ermine. Documentation provided supports the name Geneveive, not Gwynvieve. We need to have a source with a dated spelling to support this name. The device is RETURNED for lack of a name to send it up with.
- Isabol de Chateau Cheval Noire - New name and Device. Argent, a stallion rampant sinister reversed. The name is returned for insufficient documentation. The documentation presented is for Isabeau, not Isabol. Withycombe (header Isabel(la)), cites Isabel, Isabella, Isobel, Isabeau, and several other variants, but not Isabol. Further, the surname is insufficiently documented as well. At a minimum, we need to see documentation that medieval French people (a) used bynames based on keeps, and (b) actually named their keeps by fanciful names like "Dark Horse Keep." The Device is RETURNED for conflict (Alexandra Kyncaide of Black Horse Keep (March 95 via Caid): Argent, a horse rampant to sinister within a bordure vert ermined argent. One CD for change of tincture of the bordure), and for lack of a name with which to submit it. Further, the lightning bolt on the shoulder is both too small to be identifiable at distance, and not in correct heraldic style.
- Raes Augustine - New Device. Quarterly vert and ermine, in
dexter chief a fox courant Or. RETURNED for appearance of
marshalling per RFS