Last modified: 4 August 2009
Outlands College of Heralds
24 July 2009
From the Office of Rampart Herald
Æðeluulf Munec (Jeff Phipps)
Unto Marie de Blois, White Stag Principal Herald, and the
College of Heralds of the Kingdom of the Outlands, does
Æðeluulf munuc, Rampart Herald send his greetings. I
write you this day concerting the Letter of Response for July
I would like to thank the following heralds for providing their very spirited commentary: Baron Randal Carrick, Castle Herald; Maestra Francesca di Pavia, Ray de Soleil Pursuivant; Maistre Louis-Philippe Mitouard, Catspaw Herald Extraordinary; Marie de Blois, TBD Extraordinary; Furukusu Masahide, Aspen Pursuivant; Juan Balthazar Tegero; Sorcha MacLeod; Lady Rohese de Dinan, Red Hawk Herald; Lady Brigida von München; Gawain of Miskbridge, Green Anchor Herald
The following items were forwarded to Laurel Soverign for final determination:
- Clare de Chepyng Campedene. New Device and Request for Reconsideration of Name. Lozengy azure and argent, on a fess argent a hedgehog statant to sinister sable.
- Gwenhwyvar ferch Tewdrig. New Device. Argent, a sinister tierce counter-ermine, a cat sejant erect purpure.
- Heloise Stewart. New Name
- Randal Carrick. Change of Device. Lozengy Or and Azure, on a bend purpure a carrot bendwise Or, leaved vert.
- Sabyn Edwards. New Name and Device. Per pale vert and purpure a dragonfly volant argent.
- Vadas Bálint. New Name.
The following items were returned for further work:
- Signy von Velden. New Augmenation of Arms.
Argent, on a bend vert cotised sable five crescents bendwise
argent, and as an augmentation, on a canton sinister vert a key
The device is returned for conflict; as the augmentation conflicts with the society-wide badge of the Seneschal's office (One difference for field colour) as well as the society-wide badge of the Offices of the Chatelaine and Hospitaller (one difference for position of the key). Much discussion was had regarding the submitter's previous service as Kingdom Seneschal, as well as the lack of a 'standard augmentation' for past seneschals. However, as there is no standard augmentation, this must be returned for conflict.
Inscribed during the feast of Saint Declan of Ardmore, being
the XIV of July in the XLIIII year of the society, being the year
of grace MMIX.