Last modified: 19 June 2009
Outlands College of Heralds
16 June 2009
From the Office of Rampart Herald
Æðeluulf Munec (Jeff Phipps)
Unto Marie de Blois, White Stag Principal Herald, and the
College of Heralds of the Kingdom of the Outlands, does
Æðeluulf munuc, Rampart Herald send his greetings. I
write you this day concerting the Letter of Response for June
2009CE. I would like to thank whole-heartedly the following
heralds for providing commentary: Ursula Gorges, Loyall Herald;
Marie de Blois, Herald Extraordinary; Gawain of Miskbridge, Green
Anchor Herald; Furukusu Masahide, Aspen Pursuivant; Francesca di
Pavia, Ray de Soleil Pursuivant; Timothy O'Brien, Gold Trumpet
Rampart wishes to send a reminder that the strongly-suggested and widely-accepted method of colouring submission forms is primary-coloured markers (like Crayola classics), as they do not melt in the heat (like crayons) and have acceptable colour-fastness and commonly-recognised tinctures (unlike most colour printers). Please keep this in mind for all submissions. Rampart would also like to apologise for the delay in the release of the April Letter of Response, and the Omission May Letter of Response. I have caught up on the backlog, and hope to be making my letters of Response and Intent mid-month from here on out.
The following items were forwarded to Laurel Soverign for final determination:
- Frank von Hunsrück. New Device. Or, an arrow fesswise point to dexter, between in pale a great dane statant and a great dane statant to sinister sable. This item was inadvertently left off the April 2009CE Letter of Intent.
- Róis inghean Uí Nioclás. New Name and Device. Per pale argent and sable, three mullets of four points, one and two, counterchanged, and a base wavy vert.
- Caer Galen, Barony of. New Order Name. Order of the Cochon Ailé.
- Conrad von Zollern. New Alternate Name. Justin Timme
- Loghlan de Hay. Device Resubmission. Argent, on a fess azure between three escutcheons gules a wolf's head erased argent.
- Monika the Fair. New Badge. (Fieldless) A fret purpure ermined argent.
- Raban vom Schwarzwald. New Name and Device. Per chevron sable and gules, a chevron between three skulls argent.. Name changed from [Raban der Schwarzwald] to better reflect client's desired meaning.
- Tatiana Moskovskaia. New Change of Device. Sable, a griffin statant tail nowed, between three hourglasses argent.
- Jethro Stille. New Alternate Name. Suleiman ibn Da'Ud ibn Sahl al-Qalqashandi
The following items were returned for further work:
- Unser Hafen, Barony of. New Badge. Vert,
a portcullis within a bordure embattled Or.
Returned for conflict: Atenveldt, Kingdom of (01/96, Atenveldt) "Vert, a portcullis Or," with one CD for adding the bordure; and with Malcolm MacLeod of Caer Adamant (05/05, East), "Sable, a portcullis and a bordure embattled Or," with one CD for changing the field tincture.
- Conrad Von Zollern. New Badge.
(Fieldless) A lion rampant sable
Returned for multiple conflicts: Buchanan of that Ilk "Or, a lion rampant sable." (12/94, Laurel); Flanders. "Or, a lion rampant sable." (12/94, Laurel)
- Sabyn. New Name and Device. Per pale
vert and purpure a dragonfly volant argent.
This name returned for the lack of a surname (RfS III.2.a. Required Name Elements), and the device is returned for lack of a name to pass it up with. The client is aware of this and has resubmitted as of the June Letter of Presentation.
Inscribed this XVI day of June, in the year of grace MMIX,
being the XLIIII year of the Society, and the celebration of
Saint Ismael of Wales
April Line Emblazon Sheet
April Color Emblazon Sheet
April 2009 Letter of Presentation
May Line Emblazon Sheet
May Color Emblazon Sheet
May 2009 Letter of Presentation
June 2009 Letter of Response
June 2009 Letter of Intent
September 2009 LoAR Results
Return to the Rampart home page.