Last modified: 1 May 2012
Outlands College of Heralds
30 April 2012
From the Office of Rampart Herald
Baron Randal Carrick (Randall Jackson)
Unto Omar Mohammed Mirzazadeh, White Stag Principal Herald, and the College of Heralds of the Kingdom of the Outlands, does Randal Carrick, Rampart Herald send his greetings. What follows is the Letter of Response for April 2012 CE, ruling on the March 2012 Letter of Presentation. I would like to thank the following heralds for providing commentary for this letter: Mistress Francesca de Pavia, Ray-de-Soleil Pursuivant, Master Louis-Philippe Mitouard, Catspaw Herald Extraordinary; THL Eric Morrison, Hawk's Hollow Pursuivant; Lady Leonor Ruiz de Lison; Lord Andrew von Otelingen; Lady Katelin de Irlande; Lady Khalidah bint Yayah, Castle Herald; Faelan O' Laghlan; Ines Alfon, Blanch Tiger Herald; Lady Aritê gunê Akasa; Lady Rohese de Dinan, Shadowdale Pursuivant; and Gawain of Miskbridge, Green Anchor Herald.
The following items were forwarded to Laurel Sovereign for final determination:
- Akilina Ianikitova - New Name. See RETURNS for device.
- Andrew von Otelingen - New Household Name Blue Barrel Inn and New Badge. Fieldless, a barrel azure hooped argent.
- Basseva bat Salamon - New Name and New Device. Argent, a swan niaint sable between three roses purpure barbed and seeded proper.
- Elizabeth Anne Grene - New Device. Per pale purpure and vert, a bordure argent.
- Fontaine dans Sable, Barony of - New Order Name, Order of the Fleur and Fountain.
- Fontaine dans Sable, Barony of - New Order Name, Order of the Daffodil.
- Jehennette van Mynden - New Device. Argent issuant from dexter chief a schnecke vert, in sinister canton a martlet azure
- Ölüsküleng Ötege - New Name and New Device. Azure, within horns of a crescent argent, a bear dormant Or
- Ölüsküleng Ötege - New Alternate Name, Étienne Navarre de Lyon
- Ölüsküleng Ötege - New Badge. Fieldless, a bear dormant Or
- Sabyn Edwards - Resub Device. Per pale vert and purpure a dragonfly within a bordure argent.
- Stigr Robertsson - New Name.
- Vvillequin Maquereau - New Name
- William de Kingsley - New Name and New Device. Argent on a cross azure between four eagles displayed sable, a cross crosslet Or.
- Yildiz of Misrian - New Name and New Device. Per bend argent and vert, a magpie proper and a mullet of 8 points argent
- Yildiz of Misrian - New Badge. Fieldless, on a mullet of 8 points argent fimbriated vert, a magpie proper
The following items were RETURNED for further work:
Akilina Ianikitova - New Device. Purpure, a mouse dormant and a natural lily argent. Returned for re-draw. There were identifiability issues with the lily - it was variously identified as a wizard's staff, a cotton ball, a pearl earring, or an aurum lily.
Alamanda de la Roca - New Device. Per chevron azure and argent, three mullets of eight point one and two argent and a salamander rampant sable. Return for re-draw. this device is not on the standard shield shape from the approved forms, so it makes it hard to tell, but the line of division is way too low on the field. (Using the guides on the standard form, the chevron should have as much of the point above the horizontal marks as it has below at the sides). Further, the mullets are too small to really be considered co-primary. Finally, the charge at the bottom was not readily identified as a salamander, being described as the Geico Gecko or a ferret. If this is to be a heraldic salamander it needs flames. If it is to be a natural salamander it needs to either be tergiant or drawn very carefully, with appropriate detailing, in order to allow the viewer to distinguish it from a weasel or ferret.
Andrew von Otelingen - New Badge, Quarterly azure and argent, a bordure counterchanged. Pended last month while submitter waited for a letter of permission to conflict, the letter was not received and thus this submission is returned for conflict.
Ellinor Rose Sanbourne - New Device, Azure, a rose within an orle argent. Pended last month while submitter waited for multiple letters of permission to conflict, the letters were not received and thus this submission is returned for conflict.
Isaac Fulk Hod - New Name and New Device. Argent on a fess sable between two boars passant to sinister gules, three towers argent. Withdrawn by submitter.
John Vyse of York - New Name and New Device. Ermine, a hound's head erased gules. Withdrawn by submitter.
Jürgen Thode der Smutje - New Name and New Device. Per fess sable and argent, a lion passant and an anchor counterchanged. Returned for lack of documentation. While Jürgen Thode is "an excellent 15th C Low German name", we cannot find any dated documentation for anything close to "der Smutje". Since submitter does not allow major changes, we are unable to drop this name element to allow registration. Device is returned for lack of name to submit it with.
Nest verch Gryffry - New Name. Returned for aural conflict with Annest verch Gruffydd (reg. 01/2011 via Ansteorra). the names are not different enough in sound to allow this registration. Submitter may add or remove a name element to clear this conflict, or if they feel strongly enough about this name, they can appeal this return directly to Laurel.