Last modified: 31 December 2012
Outlands College of Heralds
19 December 2012
From the Office of Rampart Herald
Baron Randal Carrick (Randall Jackson)
Unto Fiachra ni Ciardhubhain, White Stag Principal Herald, and the College of Heralds of the Kingdom of the Outlands, does Randal Carrick, Rampart Herald send his greetings. What follows is the Letter of Response for December 2012 CE, ruling on the November 2012 Letter of Presentation. I would like to thank the following heralds for providing commentary for this letter: Mistress Fiachra ni Ciardhubhain, White Stag Principal Herald; Mistress Francesca de Pavia, Ray-de-Soleil Pursuivant, Master Louis-Philippe Mitouard, Catspaw Herald Extraordinary; THL Eric Morrison, Hawk's Hollow Pursuivant; Lady Leonor Ruiz de Lison; Lord Andrew von Otelingen; Lady Katelin de Irlande; THL Conrad von Zollern; Lady Khalidah bint Yayah, Castle Herald; Faelan O' Laghlan, Readstan Pursuivant; Ines Alfon, Blanch Tiger Herald; Lady Shoshanah Simkhah bas Ruven; Aryanhwy merch Catmael; Mari ingen Briain meic Donnchada, Aldyrne Herald; Gunnvor silfraharr; Andreas von Meißen, Nautilus Herald; Alys Mackyntoich, Eastern Crown Herald; Modar Neznanich, (Interim) Gold Falcon Herald; Lady Pipa Sparkes; Lord Caoimhin McKee, Kite Herald, Lady Rohese de Dinan, Shadowdale Pursuivant, Lady Aritê gunê Akasa; Lord Einarr Grimsson, Gold Falcon Herald emeritus; Ursula Georges, Green Staff Herald; and Gawain of Miskbridge, Green Anchor Herald.
The following items were forwarded to Laurel Sovereign for final determination:
- Alamanda de la Roca - Resub Device. Per chevron azure and argent two mullets of eight points argent and a salamander passant regardant sable enflamed proper.
- Béibhinn inghean Uí Shéibhleáin - New name and Device. Argent, six birds and on a chief indented azure four mullets argent. Originally submitted as Béibhinn inghean Séibhleáin, the name was changed to accomodate submitter's authenticity request.
- Elyse Morgaine - New Name and Device. Argent, on a chevron azure three lozenges Or between three roses proper.
- Elyse Morgaine - New Badge. Fieldless, a rose proper each petal charged with a lozenge Or
- Gillan Godfrey - New Name
- Lingormr gympe eykr - Resub Name & Resub Device. Argent, a wingless seadragon erect to sinister and in chief three thistles purpure slipped and leaved vert. Originally submitted as "Lingorm gympe Eykr", the spelling of the given name was changed to add the final "r", and the capitalization of the byname was removed to match the documentation.
- Livia Agrinali - New Name. See RETURNS for device
- Wilhelm Reissen - Resub Device. Vert, three bear pawprints within a bordure Or.
The following items were RETURNED for further work:
- Livia Agrinali - New Device. Per pale purpure and sable, a winged rose and in chief a crescent argent. Returned for re-draw. As drawn, the crescent is not "in chief", as it is within the tips of the wings, and too small relative to the winged rose to be "in pale", making this arrangement hard to blazon effectively. On re-submission, making the rose larger and moving the charge further down on the field shoul leave more room for a larger crescent to be placed properly in chief. Also, the crescent could stand to be given much more curvature (for example, http://www.heraldicclipart.com/catalog/index15.html).
- Rhiannon Blaidd - New Name & New Device. Withdrawn by submitter.
- ƥurs Arison - New Name. Unfortunately, ƥurs is a byname, not a given name. Also, the patronymic formed from the masculine name Ari would be Arason, not Arison. Given that this name consists of a byname and patronymic, without a given name, it must be returned. Commenters seem to suggest that "<any Norse masculine given name> ƥurs Arison" would be registerable.
Thus ends the December 2012 Letter of Response.
Baron Randal Carrick