Last modified: 1 November 2012
Outlands College of Heralds
24 October 2012
From the Office of Rampart Herald
Baron Randal Carrick (Randall Jackson)
Unto Fiachra ni Ciardhubhain, White Stag Principal Herald, and the College of Heralds of the Kingdom of the Outlands, does Randal Carrick, Rampart Herald send his greetings. What follows is the Letter of Response for October 2012 CE, ruling on the September 2012 Letter of Presentation. I would like to thank the following heralds for providing commentary for this letter: Mistress Fiachra ni Ciardhubhain, White Stag Principal Herald; Mistress Francesca de Pavia, Ray-de-Soleil Pursuivant, Master Louis-Philippe Mitouard, Catspaw Herald Extraordinary; THL Eric Morrison, Hawk's Hollow Pursuivant; Lady Leonor Ruiz de Lison; Lord Andrew von Otelingen; Lady Katelin de Irlande; Lady Khalidah bint Yayah, Castle Herald; Faelan O' Laghlan, Readstan Pursuivant; Ines Alfon, Blanch Tiger Herald; Lady Shoshanah Simkhah bas Ruven; Aryanhwy merch Catmael; Mari ingen Briain meic Donnchada, Aldyrne Herald; Gunnvor silfraharr; Andreas von Meißen, Nautilus Herald; Alys Mackyntoich, Eastern Crown Herald; Modar Neznanich, (Interim) Gold Falcon Herald; Lady Pipa Sparkes; Lady Rohese de Dinan, Shadowdale Pursuivant; Lord Einarr Grimsson, Gold Falcon Herald emeritus; Ursula Georges, Green Staff Herald; and Gawain of Miskbridge, Green Anchor Herald.
The following items were forwarded to Laurel Sovereign for final determination:
- Adriana of Riverhold - Resub Device. Per chevron Or and argent, a chevron wavy azure, in base a pine tree couped proper.
- Aodh Puirt Lairge - Resub Name & New Device. Vert, an axe Or between three cups inverted argent, a bordure argent. (As a note, all the charges on the field should be drawn larger.)
- Bono de Vizcaya - New Name.
- Charles D' Amour - New Household Name, Chateau D'Amour & New Badge. Quarterly argent and azure, a heart within a bordure embattled counterchanged.
- Decimus Modius Varro - New Name & New Device. Per pale argent and sable, a spider displayed sable, a talbot rampant argent and in base, a point pointed counterchanged.
- Iuette du Canard Blanc - New Name & New Device. Argent, a brown bear rampant proper, on a chief purpure, three fleur de lis Or.
- Johanna Morgenstern - New Name.
- Jórhildr skáldhrafn - New Name & New Device. Per saltire argent and vert in pale a raven perched on a thistle and a boar proper.
- Kateryna de Blakemere - New Name.
- Kinna de Blakemere - New Name.
- Leifr Dálksson - New Name (see Returns for device).
- Lelien Widoeghe - Resub Device Change. Per pale argent and vert four fleurs-de-lys counterchanged.
- Piers Gravenor de Blakemere - New Name & New Device. Argent, a serpent nowed purpure between in bend two crosses flory sable.
- Sophie von Schönburg - New Name.
- Violetta Villani - New Device. Gules, two roses slipped and leaved in saltire, and on a chief argent three butterflies sable.
The following items were RETURNED for further work:
- Leifr Dálksson - New Device. Azure, a norse sun cross between four triqutra in cross, points to center, argent. Returned for re-draw. As submitted, the triquetrĉ are nearly invisible against the field, and the norse sun is drawn entirely too thin. A good example of an acceptable rendition of this device can be found here: https://oscar.sca.org/cImages/520/2012-09-10/T-20-21-57_Leifr%20Dalsson_Line.jpg (line) or https://oscar.sca.org/cImages/520/2012-09-10/T-20-21-57_Leifr%20Dalsson_Color.jpg (color)
- Willow Makedance - Resub Name. Withdrawn by submitter.
Thus ends the October 2012 Letter of Response.
Baron Randal Carrick