Last modified: 23 September 2012
Outlands College of Heralds
23 September 2012
From the Office of Rampart Herald
Baron Randal Carrick (Randall Jackson)
Unto Fiachra ni Ciardhubhain, White Stag Principal Herald, and the College of Heralds of the Kingdom of the Outlands, does Randal Carrick, Rampart Herald send his greetings. What follows is the Letter of Response for September 2012 CE, ruling on the August 2012 Letter of Presentation. I would like to thank the following heralds for providing commentary for this letter: Mistress Fiachra ni Ciardhubhain, White Stag Principal Herald; Mistress Francesca de Pavia, Ray-de-Soleil Pursuivant, Master Louis-Philippe Mitouard, Catspaw Herald Extraordinary; THL Eric Morrison, Hawk's Hollow Pursuivant; Lady Leonor Ruiz de Lison; Lord Andrew von Otelingen; Lady Katelin de Irlande; Lady Khalidah bint Yayah, Castle Herald; Faelan O' Laghlan, Readstan Pursuivant; Ines Alfon, Blanch Tiger Herald; Lady Shoshanah Simkhah bas Ruven; Aryanhwy merch Catmael; Mari ingen Briain meic Donnchada, Aldyrne Herald; Gunnvor silfraharr; Andreas von Meißen, Nautilus Herald; Alys Mackyntoich, Eastern Crown Herald; Modar Neznanich, (Interim) Gold Falcon Herald; Lady Pipa Sparkes; Lady Rohese de Dinan, Shadowdale Pursuivant; Lord Einarr Grimsson, Gold Falcon Herald emeritus; Ursula Georges, Green Staff Herald; and Gawain of Miskbridge, Green Anchor Herald.
The following items were forwarded to Laurel Sovereign for final determination:
- Dieterich Löwenstern - Resub Name
- Keina MacRath - New Name (See Returns for device)
- Sander von Zeitz - New Name
- Tam Grimm - New Badge, Per chevron inverted vert and sable, a chevron fracted inverted between a sword inverted and fracted argent
- Veroniqua d'Avignon - New Device, Azure, on a plate an elephant sable, a chief invected argent
- Villaleon, Shire of - New Badge, Fieldless, a lion's head erased purpure, langued gules
The following items were RETURNED for further work:
- Alamanda de la Roca - Resub Device, Per chevron azure and argent two mullets of eight points argent and a salamander rampant sable enflamed proper. Returned for redraw. This is not a proper rendition of flames proper. Flames proper are alternating tongues of gules and Or. Flames Or fimbriated gules (which is the closest to what this is) have been disallowed for decades now. Acceptable images of an heraldic salamander enflamed can be seen here: https://oscar.sca.org/cImages/54/2012-08-09/14-44-16_Salamander.jpg and here: https://oscar.sca.org/cImages/520/2012-08-09/19-16-47_Alamanda%20de%20la%20Roca2_Color.jpg
- Keina MacRath - New Device, Azure, a falcon striking within a bordure embattled argent. Returned for conflict with Arianwen ferch Lawen, reg. 12/87 via Calontir: Azure, a swallow volant within a bordure embattled argent. There's at most a difference for the posture of the bird, but that's it. On any resubmission, it should be noted that the bordure needs to be significantly thicker.
- Wilhelm Reissen - New Device, Vert, 3 bear pawprints Or. Returned
for conflict with Mac Con mac Rodáin, reg.11/97 (via Atlantia):
Per pall azure, sable and argent, three paw prints two and one Or. There is only one countable difference for the field.
Thus ends the September 2012 Letter of Response.
Baron Randal Carrick