Outlands College of Heralds
28 October 2014
From the Office of Rampart Herald
Khalidah bint Yahya'a (Nicole Riviezzo)
Unto Randal Carrick, White Stag Principal Herald, and the College of Heralds of the Kingdom of the Outlands, does Khalidah bint Yahya'a, Rampart Herald, send her greetings.
What follows is the Letter of Response for October 2014 CE, ruling on the September 2014 Letter of Presentation.
I would like to thank all of the heralds who were kind enough to provided commentary.
The following items were RETURNED for further work:
- Alikina filia Elpin Badge Resubmission. (Fieldless) An oak leaf palewise vert debruised by a caterpilar ondoyant Or
- Returned for rework. Caterpillars have not been previously registered so this would be a defining instance. The submitter needs to provide at least three instances of caterpillars in heraldry. While the submitter did provide two heraldic images in commentary, the caterpillar on this submission has a very cartoonish appearance by comparison. The submitter should draw the caterpillar to be more like the ones in the heraldic examples.
- Cuhelyn of Northanhymbre New Device. Argent semy-de-lys azure, a catamount passant queued-fourche sable
- Returned for a conflict with Adelaide de Bourbon (January 2002, Ansteorra): Argent semy-de-lys vert, an ounce passant guardant sable incensed gules. There is only one DC for the azure. Unfortunately, the queued-fourche does not count for another DC. Commentors also note that the queued-fourche is not identifiable among the semy-de-lys azure.
- Khalil ibn Tariq al-Ghassani New Device. Argent, a horse's head couped contourny sable breathing flames proper and on a chief triangular purpure, a sword fesswise and a chalice in pale Or
- Withdrawn by the submitter for rework after commentors noted that all the elements exceeded the allowable complexity count.
- Kristoff Karlsson New Device. Vert, a cheron sable maily fimbriated argent between three smith's tongs Or
- Returned for redraw as 'maily' is no longer registerable as of April 2003 per the September 2002 LoAR cover letter. Commentors also note that the fimbriation is too thin and barely recognizable as fimbriation. Submitter should note that changing the maily chevron to a sable chevron would result in a conflict with Fiona O'Morain (September 1973) Vert, a chevron sable fimbriated between three estoiles Or.
- Simcha bint Sitt al-Diya New Name.
- Withdrawn by the submitter for rework after commentors noted that the name wanted too many incompatible elements - Hebrew, Arabic, and French.
The following items were PENDED for further Discussion:
The following items were forwarded to Laurel Sovereign for final determination:
- Aedan Corbet - New Name & New Device. Sable, on a chevron cotissed argent three lozenges gules and in base a goblet Or
- Aesilæif of Bloodstone - New Device. Counter-Ermine, on a triangular chief embattled argent a heart gules
- Ásfríðr Ríksdóttir - New Name.
- Bono de Vizcaya - New Device. Azure, on a castle of three towers Or a cross couped azure, within a bordure Or semy-de-lys azure
- Cecilia Juetta - New Name & New Device. Per pale vert and sable, a chevron between two dragons combatant and an increscent argent
- Cecilia Trethewy - New Device. Or, an ash tree eradicated proper, in chief three trefoils all within a bordure vert
- Connor Buchanan of Loch Lomond - New Name.
- Cuhelyn of Northanhymbre - New Name. [See Returns for Device.)
- Edmund Peregrine - New Device. Gules, in fess two keys wards to chief within an orle of roundels Or
- Elieth de Salazar - New Name & New Device. Gules, on a chevron throughout argent between two Crosses of Santiago and a G-clef Or, a Cross of Santiago gules
- Elyse Joulle - New Name & New Device. Per bend Or and azure, a fireball per bend gules and argent between in bend sinister a trillium inverted gules and a thimble argent
- Gabriela Wendin - New Device. Quarterly azure and vert, a G-clef Or
- Gwen de la Cumbe - New Name & New Device. Per pale sable and azure, a horse rampant contourny and on a base argent three horse shoes inverted gules
- Halima bint Tariq al-Ghassani - New Name & New Device. Argent, two wolves combatant gules maintaining scimitars Or, and on a point pointed gules, a chalice Or
- Hrolf Jamesson - New Name & New Device. Gyronny arrondi vert and Or, eight spearheads outward in annulo counterchanged argent and sable
- Iago Martyn - New Name & New Device. Sable, a chess rook and on a chief argent, three chess pawns gules
- Jacobus Locard - New Badge. (Fieldless) A fetterlock gules
- James MacPhearson - New Name.
- Khalil ibn Tariq al-Ghassani - New Name. (See Returns for Device)
- Kristoff Karlsson - New Name. (See Returns for Device)
- Perryn Coelbrant - New Badge. Argent, a cat salient azure, in canton an embroiderer's trundle vert
- Rosalind of Wellmark - New Augmentation of Arms. Argent, a bend sinister, in bend three roses counterchanged barbed and seeded proper. Augmented in sinister canton on a lozenge ploye argent a cross bottony gules
- Rosalynn Buchanan of Loch Lomond - New Name.
- Stephen Cumbe - New Name & New Device. Or, a crocodile couchant vert, a base rayonny azure
- Tariq ibn Yusuf ibn 'Askari al-Ghassani - New Name & New Device. Per bend indented argent and checky purpure and argent, in sinister chief a horse's head couped contourny sable breathing flames Or fimbriated gules
- Þórbjorn Bjornsson - New Name & New Device. Per pale sable and argent, a sword bendwise between two bear pawprints in bend sinister counterchanged
- Unna Farulfsdottir - New Name.
- Valentina Dupré - New Name & New Device. Argent, three fleur-de-lys in pale vert between two flaunches vert ermined argent
- Ysabel de Santiesteban - New Name.
Thus ends the October 2014 Letter of Response.
Khalidah bint Yahya'a