Outlands College of Heralds
24 September 2014
From the Office of Rampart Herald
Khalidah bint Yahya'a (Nicole Riviezzo)
Unto Randal Carrick, White Stag Principal Herald, and the College of Heralds of the Kingdom of the Outlands, does Khalidah bint Yahya'a, Rampart Herald, send her greetings.
What follows is the Letter of Response for September 2014 CE, ruling on the August 2014 Letter of Presentation.
I would like to thank all of the heralds who were kind enough to provided commentary.
The following items were RETURNED for further work:
- AesilŠif of Bloodstone New Device. Per chevron inverted embattled argent and counter ermine, in chief a heart gules
- Withdrawn by the submitter for rework after commentors cited a conflict with Elspeth of Harilow (reg. 04/1985 via Meridies), (Fieldless) On a heart Or, another gules, which can also be blazoned as (Fieldless) A heart gules fimbriated Or. There is no DC for the fimbriation and no DC can be given for placement as the conflicting armory is fieldless.
- Caer Galen, Barony of New Badge. (To be associated with Order of Saint Michael with the Harp) (Fieldless) A fireball gules enflamed proper
- Returned for a conflict with Ian of Loch Naver (1992, West): Argent chapÚ sable, a fireball gules enflamed proper. There is only one DC for fieldlessness.
- Caer Galen, Barony of New Badge. (To be associated with Order of Saint William the Cooper) (Fieldless) A chalice Or
- Returned for conflicts with Ladies of the Bay (May 1980, West): Per saltire azure and gules, a goblet Or, and Melisande de Belvoir (April 1976): Argent, a chalice Or, upon the dexter lip a honeybee proper
The following items were PENDED for further Discussion:
The following items were forwarded to Laurel Sovereign for final determination:
- Adelina de Surdeval - New Name & New Device. Per pale vert and argent, three bats displayed one and two counterchanged
- AesilŠif of Bloodstone - New Name. (See Returns for Device)
- Agatha Justsdatter - New Name & New Device. Vert, a peacock close and in sinister chief a mullet argent
- Balthazar Knopf - New Name & New Device. Per fess rayonny azure and gules, two ball-peen hammers in saltire and a cuirass with pauldrons and faulds argent
- Bernardo de' Medici - New Name & New Device. Gyronny sable and Or, on a sun argent a decrescent sable
- Bianca de Vittoria - New Device. Argent, on a pile purpure between two griffins combattant sable, a sun in his splendor Or
- Caer Galen, Barony of - Order Name Resubmission. Order of the Hedgehog of Caer Galen
- Caer Galen, Barony of - New Badge. (To be associated with Order of the Book and Harp) (Fieldless) A bell purpure
- Caer Galen, Barony of - New Badge. (To be associated with Order of Saint Louis with the Staff) (Fieldless) A crozier azure
- Caer Galen, Barony of - New Badge. (To be associated with l'Ordre du Poignard Noir) (Fieldless) A dagger bendwise sinister sable
- Caer Galen, Barony of - New Badge. (To be associated with Order of the Monkey) (Fieldless) A monkey rampant to sinister azure, collared and chained Or
- Caer Galen, Barony of - New Badge. (To be associated with Order of the Golden Nightingale) (Fieldless) A nightingale volant bendwise sinister
- Caer Galen, Barony of - New Badge. (To be associated with Order of the Arch) (Fieldless) Two goats clymant respectant conjoined at the fore-hoofs sable
- Caer Galen, Barony of - New Badge. (To be associated with Order of the Harp and Chalice) Azure, a chalice and in chief a harp Or
- Ezabel de Vaux - New Badge. (Fieldless) A tree Or fructed vert trunked gules
- Isabella di Francesco Ambrosini - New Device. Per chevron inverted sable and Or a needle threaded point to base Or and two fleurs-de-lys gules
- Leifr Einarsson - New Name & New Device. Sable, on a lozenge gules fimbriated, a serpent in annulo vorant of its own tail within an orle Or
- Marc Antoine de la Rue - New Device. Per chevron azure and sable, two winged lions sejant respectant, with forelegs raised and a moon in her plenitude argent
- Margaret von Nordhusen - New Name & New Device. Per chevron inverted purpure and argent, three crescents interlaced in pall inverted, horns outward, and a open book counterchanged
- Meinhard von Nordhusen - New Name & New Device. Argent, in fess a tower between a pair of wings sable, all within a bordure embattled purpure
- Miriam Volpe - New Device. Or, a rose sable barbed and seeded proper, on a chief vert three ivy leaves Or
- Thorvald Hilgedick - New Device. Per chevron argent and azure, two roses slipped and leaved and a raven migrant counterchanged
Thus ends the September 2014 Letter of Response.
Khalidah bint Yahya'a