Outlands College of Heralds
24 July 2014
From the Office of Rampart Herald
Khalidah bint Yahya'a (Nicole Riviezzo)
Unto Randal Carrick, White Stag Principal Herald, and the College of Heralds of the Kingdom of the Outlands, does Khalidah bint Yahya'a, Rampart Herald, send her greetings.
What follows is the Letter of Response for July 2014 CE, ruling on the June 2014 Letter of Presentation.
I would like to thank all of the heralds who were kind enough to provided commentary.
The following items were RETURNED for further work:
- Bai Wei Long Device Resubmission. Vert, an oriental dragon passant and an embattled bordure Or
- Withdrawn by submitter.
- Liliana Lorcąn New Name & New Device. Per pale azure and sable, on a pale between two wings addorsed argent three pellets sable
- Name returned for lack of documentation and multiple construction issues. Device returned for lack of name to send up with it. Commentors suggest that the pellets be drawn a little smaller as they overwhelm the pale.
- Rab Wylkyn Device Resubmission. Per bend sinister sable and gules, a bend sinister argent between an eye and a rose slipped and leaved Or
- Returned for a redraw as this device contains an abstract symbol similiar to an eye. Based on the following precendent with the Eye of Horus (a very similar element): The Eye of Horus is an abstract symbol or combination of symbols whose meaning was not understood by Europeans in the SCA period. Unlike the Eye of Horus, the occasional word or letter found in medieval and Renaissance heraldry were part of the languages and symbolic iconography of Europe. Nor is this symbol a reasonable heraldic depiction of an eye; a heraldic eye is a solid charge where the Eye of Horus is depicted as a thin line. As such, this belongs to the category of artistic designs which are not compatible with heraldry. [Sebastian Blacke, R-Trimaris, Aug 2001]
The following items were PENDED for further Discussion:
The following items were forwarded to Laurel Sovereign for final determination:
- Amber MacRae - New Name.
- Charles D'Amour - New Device. Azure, on a bend sinister argent three hearts palewise gules
- Cormaic Vaux - New Name.
- Cristobal de Ayala - New Name & New Device. Gules, a sheaf of arrows inverted and a tierce Or
- Edric Capellarius - Device Resubmission. Per fess embattled vert and or, two needles in saltire argent threaded by a single thread Or and a chapeau reversed sable brimmed vert ermined argent
- Emily MacRae - New Device. Argent, a bird volant sable and a sinister tierce gules
- Emm Macgregor - New Device. Azure, a butterfly within an orle argent and a bordure Or
- Garret Lightborne - New Device. Vert, a horse courant reguardant contourny within an orle argent and a bordure Or
- Gaston de Sepulveda - New Device. Sable, a chevron argent between three triquetrae in fess and a dragon's head cabossed Or
- Jörgen Jörgenson - New Device. Per pale vert and sable, a stag's head cabossed between two arrows fesswise and a crescent Or
- Martim Ruiz do Porto - New Badge. (Fieldless) A seaboar Or, armed, orbed, langed, and unguled gules
- Olek Justsson - New Device. Per saltire gules and sable, a griffon couchant contourny within a wreath of thorns argent
- Sabiha al-Zarqa' al-Karakiyya - New Name Change. Old Item, Arbella Eden, to be released.
- Thomas Marston - New Name & New Device. Barry wavy azure and Or, a sword inverted and winged argent entwined by two serpents vert between two gouttes de sang
- Žorey Skarp - New Device. Purpure, a tree eradicated within an orle and a bordure argent
- Tristan Grey - New Name & New Device. Vert, a bear dormant to sinister argent
Thus ends the July 2014 Letter of Response.
Khalidah bint Yahya'a