Outlands College of Heralds
30 June 2014
From the Office of Rampart Herald
Khalidah bint Yahya'a (Nicole Riviezzo)
Unto Randal Carrick, White Stag Principal Herald, and the College of Heralds of the Kingdom of the Outlands, does Khalidah bint Yahya'a, Rampart Herald, send her greetings.
What follows is the Letter of Response for June 2014 CE, ruling on the May 2014 Letter of Presentation.
I would like to thank all of the heralds who were kind enough to provided commentary.
The following items were RETURNED for further work:
- Christoff Trost New Device. Per bend azure and gules an eagle displayed and a bordure embattled argent
- Returned for conflict with Arielle de Chantre (reg. 12/1983 via Meridies), "Vert, a dove displayed within a bordure dovetailed argent." There is one DC for the field but none for the type of bordure as both are considered 'square bordures'. This device also needs a redraw as a per bend line needs to begin in the dexter corner.
- Merry Shannon New Device. Or, on a demi sun issuant from base azure, a butterfly Or and in chief, two butterflies azure
- Returned for a redraw as this device cannot be blazoned. It does not have a demi-sun issuant from base. It looks more like 'per chevron rayonny' but the chevron is too low and the rayonny is incomplete.
- Rian Mac an Gobhann Device Resubmission. Per saltire argent semy of trefoils sable and azure, two shamrocks in fess argent
- Returned for a redraw as this device has trefoils (shamrocks are a form of trefoil) in both the primary and secondary charge groups and thus violates SENA A3D1 (http://heraldry.sca.org/sena.html#A3D1).
- Thorvald Hilgedick New Device. Per chevron argent and azure, two roses in profile palewise embowed slipped and leaved and a raven migrant to chief counterchanged
- Returned for a redraw as this device has two elements that are a step from period practice which is disallowed per SENA A.1.A.1 (http://heraldry.sca.org/sena.html#A1). Birds migrant are a SFPP per the March 2014 LOAR (http://heraldry.sca.org/loar/2014/03/14-03lar.html#95), and garden roses in profile are a SFPP per the October 2012 LOAR (http://heraldry.sca.org/loar/2012/10/12-10lar.html#190).
The following items were PENDED for further Discussion:
The following items were forwarded to Laurel Sovereign for final determination:
- Aegeon the Actor - New Device. Quarterly vert and sable, a winged lion statant, and on a chief Or three roses sable barbed and seeded proper
- Anne Elizabeth Morley - New Name & New Device. Per bend sinister purpure and vert a quill pen bendwise sinister argent within an orle of music notes Or
- CŠelainn ingen ChŠemgein hui Thaidc - New Badge. Per pale argent and purpure, a serpent in annulo vorant of its own tail counterchanged
- Christoff Trost - New Name. (See Returns for Device)
- Conchobhar mac Cillene - New Device. Gules, a sheaf of arrows Or, overall a wolf's head cabossed argent
- Gauvain Eisenbein - New Badge. (Fieldless) An ermine spot erminois
- Gryfyn of Valentia - New Name & New Device. Sable, in pale a griffin rampant and a crescent, a bordure embattled argent
- Isabeau de Bernac - New Device. Per bend sinister vert and purpure, four horseshoes inverted in cross and a feather argent bendwise sinister
- Kenneth le Beaman de Warwick - New Name & New Device. Per fess azure and vert, two bees Or marked sable winged argent and a beehive Or
- Merry Shannon - New Name. (See Returns for Device)
- Michael Brekebowe - New Name & New Device. Quarterly vert and gules, a lion's head between three trefoils, a bordure embattled Or
- Reto von Kyburg - New Name.
- Thorvald Hilgedick - New Name. (See Returns for Device)
- Vannozza di Corbetta - New Name.
- William Flanagan - Badge Resubmission. (Fieldless) Per pale a skull Or and argent, on the forehead a quatrefoil slipped vert
Thus ends the June 2014 Letter of Response.
Khalidah bint Yahya'a