Outlands College of Heralds
29 April 2014
From the Office of Rampart Herald
Khalidah bint Yahya'a (Nicole Riviezzo)
Unto Randal Carrick, White Stag Principal Herald, and the College of Heralds of the Kingdom of the Outlands, does Khalidah bint Yahya'a, Rampart Herald, send her greetings.
What follows is the Letter of Response for April 2014 CE, ruling on the March 2014 Letter of Presentation.
I would like to thank all of the heralds who were kind enough to provided commentary.
The following items were RETURNED for further work:
- Bianca de Vittoria New Device. Argent, on a pile purpure between two gryphons combattant sable, a sun in his splendor Or
- Returned for a redraw as a proper pile should almost reach the bottom of the field.
- Emm Macgregor New Device. Azure, a butterfly within an orle argent
- Returned for conflict with Irene von Schmetterling (reg. 08/1979 via the East), Azure, a papillion argent, bodied sable, within a bordure argent. There's a DC for changing the bordure to an orle, but none for the tincture of the body of the butterfly.
- Magdelena Olasz New Device. Gules, an owl argent, maintaining in its talons an oak sprig fructed fesswise Or
- Returned for conflict with Sofya Rous (reg. 4/2007 via Calontir), Gules semy of acorns Or, an owl argent, and with Anya Krasnoperkina (reg. 7/2013 via the East), Gules, an owl argent and in sinister chief a compass star Or.
- Marc Antoine de la Rue New Device. Per chevron azure and sable, two winged lions sejant respectant, with forelegs raised and a moon in her plenitude argent
- Returned a redraw as the per chevron line is too low but too high to be a point. Commentors also note that the lions' heads have too much detailing. The heads look more sable than argent.
- Suretai New Name & New Device. Azure, a chevron between three sheaves of arrows inverted argent
- The name is returned because it is only one name phrase. According to SENA PN.2.B (http://heraldry.sca.org/sena.html#PN2B): 'A registerable personal name must be made up of at least two name phrases: a given name and at least one byname (which may appear to be a second given name). While it is easy to document individuals who are identified only with a single given name, we do not allow the registration of single element personal names. Individuals may use those names, but may not register them.' The device returned for multiple conflicts for an argent chevron on an azure field.
The following items were PENDED for further Discussion:
The following items were forwarded to Laurel Sovereign for final determination:
- Anthoine Leroux - New Name & New Device. Gules, between the horns of a crescent argent a dragon sejant affronty wings displayed Or, and in chief three mullets argent
- Bernalldino Antan Pereyra - New Name & New Device. Azure, three chevronels issuant from base braced and a chief dovetailed argent
- Bianca de Vittoria - New Name. (See Returns for Device)
- Brandubh Dalrymple - New Badge. Azure, three chevronels issuant from base braced and a chief dovetailed argent
- Emm Macgregor - New Name. (See Returns for Device)
- Fergus Campbell - New Alternate Name. Yuri Ivanov
- Išunn Hallsdottir - New Name & New Device. Sable, in pale an owl argent between the horns of and perched upon a crescent between three estoiles Or
- Lucien le Grave - New Name & New Device. Sable, in pale a stag's antler reversed conjoined to itself in annulo and a death's head between flaunches argent
- Lucien le Grave - New Badge. (Fieldless) A death's head within and conjoined to a stag's antler reversed conjoined to itself in annulo argent
- Magdalena Lucia Ramberti - New Badge. (Fieldless) A pomegranate per pale Or and gules seeded counterchanged slipped and leaved vert
- Magdalena Olasz - New Name. (See Returns for Device)
- Marc Antoine de la Rue - New Name. (See Returns for Device)
- Mathilde Bouret - New Name & New Device. Per bend gules and sable, three quatrefoils Or
- Tįethen ingen Cellach - New Name & New Device. Or, three frets conjoined and a sinister gore sable
- Thomas Davidson the Seeker - New Device. Sable, a winged unicorn contourny argent
- Žorrun inn Višforla - New Device. Vert, a valknut between two bars gemel
Thus ends the April 2014 Letter of Response.
Khalidah bint Yahya'a