Outlands College of Heralds
22 November 2013
From the Office of Rampart Herald
Khalidah bint Yahya'a (Nicole Riviezzo)
Unto Randal Carrick, White Stag Principal Herald, and the College of Heralds of the Kingdom of the Outlands, does Khalidah bint Yahya'a, Rampart Herald, send her greetings.
What follows is the Letter of Response for November 2013 CE, ruling on the October 2013 Letter of Presentation.
I would like to thank all of the heralds who were kind enough to provided commentary.
The following items were RETURNED for further work:
- Aegeon the Actor Resub Device. Per chevron vert and Or two lions of St. Mark statant respectant Or and a rose sable
- Returned for a conflict with Tetchubah of Greenlake, reg. 1/08 via Caid: Per chevron vert and Or, two quill pens in chevron Or and a rose sable, there is just a DC for the changing half of the primary charge group. Tetchubah of Greenlake was contacted but was not willing to give permission to conflict.
- Brandubh Dalrymple New Badge. (Fieldless) an eye argent, irised gules, issuing four gouttes de poix crosswise
- Returned for identifiability issues. Commentors noted that the eye did not look like an eye, a pointed ellipse at best, and that the gouttes looked more like a modified cross or a modfied mullet of four points. Overall, it was noted that this arrangement looked more like a modern motif rather than a period one.
- Jörgen Jörgenson Resub Device. Per pale vert and sable, a stag's head cabossed, in chief two arrows to dexter to sinister, in base a crescent moon Or
- Returned for an Unity of Posture issue (SENA A3D2c) due to the arrangement of the arrows.
- Josefina de Luna New Device. Per fess azure and sable 6 mullets, 4 and 2, and a catamount passant argent
- Returned for a redraw. The field division line is too high to be a proper per fess and is too low for a chief. Submitter is also advised to use a more heraldic representation of a catamount as commentors noted the one used is very stylized and modern like a logo.
- Salomea Thorunska Resub Device. Per bend sinister engrailed argent and sable, three reremouse counterchanged within a bordure gules
- Returned for a redraw. The bend engrailed does not go to the corners as it should, the reremouse are not in bend, and the bordure is slightly too thin. As currently drawn, there is also the violation of color on color. If the bend engrailed properly reached the corners, the color on color would not be an issue per SENA A.4.B.1 (http://heraldry.sca.org/sena.html#A3B1).
The following items were PENDED for further Discussion:
The following items were forwarded to Laurel Sovereign for final determination:
- Brandubh Dalrymple - New Name & New Device. Argent, a raven's head erased to sinister sable between three triquetrae each interlaced with an annulet vert
- Edric Capellarius - New Device. Per embattled vert and Or, two needles in saltire argent, threaded Or, and a chapeau reversed sable brimmed vert ermined argent
- Gerwyn y Teigr - New Badge. Sable, a wolf's head erased ululant contourny, a bordure embattled Or
- Jörgen Jörgenson - New Name. (See Returns for Device)
- Josefina de Luna - New Name. (See Returns for Device)
- Lingormr gympe eykr - Resub Device. Argent, a sea-serpent contourny embowed counter-embowed erect and in chief three thistles headed purpure slipped and leaved vert
- Patroclus Tempestivos - New Name & New Device. Per pale argent and azure, a spider within a bordure engrailed counterchanged
- Raes Augustine - New Device. Vert, a fox courant and on an chief embattled Or three fleurs-de-lys vert
- Rowland McCain - New Device. Vert, a hand dexter couped at the wrist, and a hand sinister couped at the wrist in benediction argent, issuant from base a demi sun Or
Thus ends the November 2013 Letter of Response.
Khalidah bint Yahya'a