Outlands College of Heralds
24 September 2013
From the Office of Rampart Herald
Khalidah bint Yahya'a (Nicole Riviezzo)
Unto Randal Carrick, White Stag Principal Herald, and the College of Heralds of the Kingdom of the Outlands, does Khalidah bint Yahya'a, Rampart Herald, send her greetings.
What follows is the Letter of Response for September 2013 CE, ruling on the August 2013 Letter of Presentation.
I would like to thank all of the heralds who were kind enough to provided commentary.
The following items were RETURNED for further work:
- Aodhan mac Roibeard New Badge. Or, a pilgrim's staff bendwise sinister between two martlets gules
- Was withdrawn by the submitter because it was identical to his device submission.
- Isabella di Francesco Ambrosini Resub Device. Per chevron inverted sable and Or, a lion statant guardant forepaw raised and maintaining a book Or, two fleur de lys gules and a needle threaded point to base sable
- This must be returned for have three different charges in the same charge group which is in violation of SENA. This arrangement is called 'slot machine' and not registerable.
- Lingormr gympe eykr Resub Device. Argent, an oarfish embowed purpure in chief three thistles vert headed purpure
- This must be returned because the primary charge on the emblazon cannot be identified for a proper blazon. Commentors noted that it does not look like a sea-horse, a sea-dragon, an oarfish, or a sea-serpent. Submitter is advised to redraw the device with proper heraldic style for the sea-creature of their choosing.
The following items were PENDED for further Discussion:
The following items were forwarded to Laurel Sovereign for final determination:
- Ábíörn Hallstenson - New Name & New Device. Sable, two bendlets Or
- Alamanda de la Roca - Resub Device. Per chevron azure and argent two mullets of eight points Or and a salamander passant regardant sable enflamed proper
- Anabel la clergesse - New Name.
- Aodhan mac Roibeard - New Name & New Device. Or, a pilgrim's staff bendwise sinister between two martlets gules
- Baldric le Normaund - New Name & New Device. Gules, a chalice between three swans naiant argent
- Caitilín inghean Uí Thaidhg - New Name & New Device. Gules, a rose argent between three crescents Or
- Conall Mór MacNachtan - New Badge. (Fieldless) A stag's attire conjoined to itself in annulo tines outward Or overall a lightning bolt bendwise sinister argent
- Dairine of Oak Hill - New Badge. (Fieldless) On a goute per pale sable and argent a duck naiant Or
- Dairine of Oak Hill - New Badge. Per pale argent and sable, on a goute counterchanged a duck naiant Or
- Dairine of Oak Hill - New Badge. Per pale sable and argent in pale a pavillion and a wheel of fourteen spokes counterchanged the wheel's hub surmounted by a rose gules
- Drustanus Artorius Cato - New Name & New Device. Gules, a scorpion tergiant inverted Or between three roses argent barbed and seeded proper
- Jǫrundr inn magri - New Name & New Device. Per bend sinister Or and sable, a bear sejant to sinister, two arrows crossed counterchanged
- Killian MacKenzie - New Device Change. Argent, a fess between two cinquefoils purpure and a thistle proper slipped and leaved vert
- Lilliana Le Grant - New Name & New Device. Per pale argent and Or, in saltire two lightning bolts sable overall a heart gules
- Pettronella Pártaszövő - New Name Change from Holding Name.
- Randal Carrick - Resub Badge Change. (Fieldless) A carrot Or, leaved vert, enfiled of a coronet argent
- Ronan Wulf - New Device. Argent, three chevronelles sable gules and sable between three wolves rampant to sinister gules
- Saito Takauji - New Device. Or, on a pale sable three cherry blossoms Or
- Saito Takauji - New Badge. (Fieldless) Five cherry blossoms conjoined in annulo Or
- Ţórunn farkona - New Name.
- Warenus de Fulmere - New Name & New Device. Barry wavy argent and azure on a pile sable a rabbit's head cabossed argent
Thus ends the September 2013 Letter of Response.
Khalidah bint Yahya'a